Seafood Dishes and More that feature Besuto Prawn Crackers
Seafood dishes always look festive. So, we went to Habihan School in Quezon City and asked its Chef-trainer Myla Angelo to come up with recipes that feature Besuto prawn crackers and the wide variety of flavors on different dishes. Below are some of these mouth-watering recipes that she came up with. Besuto is indeed your partner for all occasions, whether it’s the main course or the dessert, Besuto prawn crackers blended well.
SEAFOOD FRIED RICE topped with Besuto Prawn Crackers Squid and Crab flavors
Seafood dishes top the list of party food items. Perhaps due to their tastes and colors, seafood dishes are always delightful to the eyes and to the tongue. Besuto prawn crackers squid and crab flavors spiced up this recipe even more.
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 pc. Medium onion
1 pc zucchini, minced
1 pc. Carrot, minced
6 cups day old rice
½ cup oyster sauce
1 Tbsp labuyo, chopped (or 1 T hot chili sauce)
2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
½ kilo mussel
¼ kilo shrimps
2 pcs crabs
1 cup fried Besuto prawn crackers Squid & Crab flavors
1. Steam the mussel, shrimps and crab while fresh. Remove half of the mussels from the shell. Peel the shrimps and remove head. Cut the crabs into 4. Set aside.
2. Saute the onions, carrots, zucchini in vegetable oil. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Add the labuyo (or chili sauce), and oyster sauce.
4. Add the day old rice. Mix the ingredients well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Add in the pre-cooked seafood.
6. Serve in a platter garnished with mussels in shell, quartered crabs and Besuto prawn crackers Squid and Crab flavors.
From the frying pan straight to your bowl, the good old fish crackers, relish the family tradition and bring back happy childhood memories. Now, Besuto Food Corporation brings new flavors such as this Pork flavor and enhanced your usual adobo. In fact, they make the perfect pasalubong for any OFW. Grab several packs from the supermarkets and help them remember home sweet home specially when combined with your bring this special Adobo to them.
1 kilo pork belly slabs
1 Tbsp oil
1 head garlic. Peeled and well crushed.
1 tsp rock salt
2 pc bay leaf
2 Tbsp soysauce (Coconut brand)
½ tsp peppercorn
1/3 cup cane vinegar
1 cup water
Garnish: Besuto prawn crackers Pork Flavor
- Mix all ingredients except bayleaf. Set aside.
- Brush oil on the pork belly slabs then grill until golden brown.
- Cut up pork belly into cubes.
- Put in a fry pan together with the marinade and the bay leaf.
- Bring to a quick boil then simmer over medium-low heat covered until pork is very tender. Uncover to reduce the liquid.
- Serve on a platter topped with Besuto prawn crackers.
Besuto Prawn Crackers with GANACHE
Here’s the smartest reason why cooking prawn crackers on ordinary days will make them extraordinary. This Onion and Garlic-flavored Besuto can be an award-winning dessert.
½ package Besuto Onion and Garlic Flavor
100 grams bittersweet chocolate, grated
50 ml all purpose cream, room temperature
- Fry the Besuto prawn crackers Onion & Garlic Flavor following the procedure on the packaging.
- Melt the grated chocolate on a double boiler over low-medium heat.
- Once all the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and add the all-purpose cream. Mix thoroughly using a rubber scraper.
- Arrange Besuto onion and garlic crackers on a platter.
- Pour warm ganache on the crackers. Serve at once.
PAN-GRILLED SALMON BELLY with Lemon-butter-garlic Sauce
Seafood dishes need not always be served in a bowl. With Besuto prawn crackers, we reinvented this seafood recipe and added the sophistication of salmon bits topped with greens on small boats of prawn crackers. They’re mouth-watering canapes!
3 tbsps butter melted
2 tbsps lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic finely grated
100 grams salmon belly
1/8 tsp salt
Pinch white pepper
generous drizzle of olive oil
lettuce leaves, chiffonade
Carrots, fine julienne
Microgreens (tiny leaves)
Cooked Besuto prawn crackers Original flavor
- Melt the butter then add lemon juice, garlic and a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil over it, then use your fingers to spread the oil over every inch of the surface of the fish, including the skin.
- Heat a gridiron. When the it is very hot, lay down the salmon, skin side up. Grill over high heat until brown. Flip and grill for a minute and a half.
- Transfer the fish to a plate. Cut into 1 to 1.5 cm size.
- Put some of the lettuce chiffonade on the Besuto original prawn crackers and top with grilled salmon belly.
- Garnish with julienned carrots and microgreens.
- Spoon the sauce on the salmon.
Office opens daily:
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 4pm
1801 State Center Building, Juan Luna Street, Binondo, Manila 1006 The Philippines
Telephone: +632 82423028